How to keep warm during winter hunting?1. Wear multiple layers of clothing. Start with a base layer of lightweight, moisture-wicking material, then add a mid-layer of fleece or wool, and top it off with a waterproof, windproof outer layer. If you have a hunting heated vest, you can also wear it to keep the upper body warm during hunting.
2. Wear a hat and gloves. A hat will help keep your head warm and gloves will keep your hands warm. If you have a budget, you can also select a heated hat or heated gloves to keep your head and hands warm. Keeping your hands warm can also improve your hunting performance.
3. Wear insulated boots. Insulated boots will help keep your feet warm and dry. When your feet are wet, it can be super cold, and worse it might cause frostbite during winter hunting. So be safe and wear insulated boots.
4. Bring a thermos of hot tea or coffee. A hot beverage can help warm you up from the inside out. You can cook tea or coffee and brings it with you when you need to wait for a really long time for your target, the hot drink will make you feel so much better.
5. Get the heated gear. With the development of heating gear, there are so many gears to support your hunting journey now such as a heated chair, heated vest, heated pants, and even a heated sleep bag. You can buy based on your need and budget.
6. Take breaks. If you’re feeling cold, take a break and move around to get your blood flowing. When you are super tired and cold, you might want to take a break and drink some hot tea and eat something. It can give you time for your body to recover and always remember safety is the highest priority.
7. Eat high-energy snacks. Eating snacks like nuts, dried fruit, and energy bars can help keep your energy levels up and your body warm. We suggest you bring some high-energy snacks with you in your bag.
How to select heated clothing?A heated vest is a great way to keep your core warm while hunting, but how do you choose the right one? Here are some tips to help you select the perfect hunting heated vest.
1. Consider the type of insulation: Heated electric vests come with different types of insulation, such as down, synthetic, and fleece. Down is the warmest, but it is also the most expensive. Synthetic insulation is lightweight and breathable, while the fleece is the most affordable option. Consider your budget and the type of insulation that will best suit your needs.
2. Look for features: Heated vests come with a variety of features, such as pockets, adjustable straps, and windproof fabric. Look for a vest that has the features you need, such as pockets for storing your gear or adjustable straps for a comfortable fit. Also, you need to pay attention to the heat setting including temperature, heating levels, and heating elements, it will give you more operation options about how to get the most comfortable temperature you need when using winter hunting.
3. Check the battery life: Some vests can last up to 8 hours on a single charge, while others may only last a few hours. So you need to double-check the heating duration to make sure the heated vest can support you for a day of hunting. You can also get extra power banks for your hunting.
4. Choose the right size: Heated vests come in a variety of sizes, so make sure to measure yourself before you buy. You want the vest to fit snugly, but not too tight.
5. Consider the price: Heated vests can range in price from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand. Consider your budget and the features you need before you make a purchase.
6. Choose the innerwear or outwear-Depends on your favorite. A light on the night hunting might be very obvious and the light might remind your target to run away. But if you think the light does not bother you, it is your personal preference to decide to outwear it or innerwear it. If you would like to outwear it, you can choose a heated jacket. If you would like to innerwear it, a fleece heated vest might be a great choice.
By following these tips, you can find the perfect hunting heated vest for your needs. With the right vest, you can stay warm and comfortable while you enjoy the great outdoors.