Types of information we collect and when
- We may collect two types of information from users of our Site: “Personally Identifiable Information” which is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, user name, credit card information, etc.) and “aggregate information” which is information about your activities on the Site or in connection with the services that cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you (such as frequency of visits to the Site, data entered when using the Site, Site pages most frequently accessed, browser type, links a User clicks, IP address, and other similar information).
- We collect information from you:
When you use a credit card to pay for any of our services or products, we ask for your name, address, credit card, and credit card-related information.
Once you have created an account, you may complete your profile by providing additional Personally Identifiable Information about yourself such as your address.
- When you connect your Site account with your Facebook account or other social media account we will have access to the publicly available information from your Facebook or other social media page, and Facebook or other social media site will have access to the information you log through the Site while logged into your Site account through Facebook or the other social media site.
- When you submit comments, feedback, or suggestions through the Site.
- When you visit the site, even if you are not logged in, we gather information about your computer operating system (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS), your “IP Address,” the web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer) being used, the referring website information, usage data regarding your activity on the Site, including what web pages you visit or share, what functions you use, as well as overall time spent on the Site. We use this data for internal analysis of the Site's performance and services.
You can refuse to supply Personally Identifiable Information, but it may prevent you from having access to the Site’s full functionality. The Site also allows you to edit and update your personal information and preferences at any time.
Once you have created an account and logged in to the Site — you are not anonymous to us.
How we use collected information
We collect and use your Personally Identifiable Information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience. we may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site and your User experience.We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- We may use the information we gather about you to display data trends based on different demographics, and make offers and discounts available to you, among other things.
- To provide customer service, your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- When a user submits questions or comments to us, we may use that information to respond to the User.
- By creating an account with us, you agree that we may contact you by phone, email, mail, or text message to respond to questions that you submit to us.
- To process transactions, we may use the information Users provide when placing an order only to process that order. We do not share credit card information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails and printed materials, the address and email address Users provide will be used to send them information, sales offers, and updates about their services. Such addresses may also be used to respond to Users, and/or other requests or questions. By creating an account on the Site, Users are opting-in to our mailing list and will receive emails and/or mail that may include company news, updates, sales information, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or mail, they may do so by contacting us via our Site.
- We may provide data mining services to third parties interested in better understanding our Users such as aggregated information about the Site’s user base such as interests, and purchases made, so that such parties may determine if they would like to advertise to our Users.
- We may also use aggregate information such as information about the pages visited to improve the design, content, and performance of our Site, or to analyze Site usage and the popularity of certain site pages.
When you purchase our services, you will be asked to provide credit card and/or billing information and email address. We will use the information provided in connection with a User’s purchase to process your order and for no other purpose.
When we share your personal information
We may provide Personally Identifiable Information to our authorized service providers who assist us in providing the services and performing functions on our behalf. They are prevented from using it in any other way. We will not use your personal information in advertising without your approval.
WE DO NOT SHARE OR SELL YOUR INFORMATION
We will disclose the information we maintain when required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to requests from law enforcement agencies or other public agencies if we feel that such disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime. Finally, we may disclose the information if there is a transfer of our assets or ownership in connection with a proposed or consummated corporate reorganization, such as a merger or acquisition, to the extent permitted by law.
Web browser cookies and other technologies used to collect information
In addition to the collection of information described above, we use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our Site.
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your experience on the Site. A cookie is a small text file, with no Personally Identifiable Information, that we place on the user’s computer browser. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Sites, such as the web pages you visit and the links you click. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on the Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL-secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
We want you to feel confident using the Site. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.